Friday, March 7, 2014

7 Quick Takes: Week ending March 7


-1-
We are off to the Auto Show today!   We are not looking to buy a new car {I will likely remind Michael of this at least once} but it is fun to look, and they even let you test drive!  Surprisingly, I don't think I have EVER been.   Ridiculous, considering how long it's been coming to Cleveland.  So I guess this will be on my list of trying new things in 2014.   We are also heading to a Fish Fry with Nene and company today and I don't know if I have been to one of those either.   Talk about crazy.


-2-
Registration for the Walt Disney World Wine and Dine Half Marathon opened yesterday and I am officially registered.    You know you are crazy when you register for a race while training for another.  I am so excited to run this one a second time.  The route is exciting because you get 3 Disney parks, it's a night race, and there is food and booze when you're done.  What's not to love?   Mary Lynn is for sure running and I am trying to get Al signed up too.   Al's initial response to my announcement?  "We would both need costumes that incorporate light up headgear. Those are my requirements for participation"
SIDE NOTE: I am realizing now that I did not blog about this amazing event in 2013.  So I will consider 2014 my mulligan and try to do better!

-3-
Blame the magazines and organizing blogs, but I have gotten the spring cleaning and organizing bug.  The only problem?  Our stuff is mostly in storage!  As a compromise, I may sort through some clothing so when we move next month there is less to haul around.   I do love a good purge.  And honestly, we have been in Ohio since mid-December.   If I have not worn a sweater during that time, I probably do not need it.  Ah the perks of working at home.... no worries about repeat outfits.  Relatedly, have you heard about Project 333?  I'm not sure if I am ready to take the plunge, but this could be a great trial run.   And if I had access to a full house full of stuff I would definitely do the 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge!

-4-
We had another lovely weeknight dinner away on Monday.  Mary Lynn made No-Peek Stew which is delicious and when consumed with a big red wine, really hit the spot during a single-temperature cold snap.  We've had a lot of those lately, so I think that basically means we should make more stew and drink more wine.  Yeah.  That's it!

-5-
Living at my parents house has its perks.  This week's highlight?  Dad's tire pressure gauge and air compressor!  This saves us time and money and a trip to the tire place.  Win - win!   Something tells me this will continue to happen even when we live in a nearby apartment.   "Hey Dad do you have a ___ we can borrow?"   I like the sound of that.

-6-
So, we are now officially in the Lenten season.  {See also: fish fry}  I have not given up anything in a VERY long time.  In fact the last time I did, it was chocolate.   It was HARD [which I suppose is the point] but I stuck to it and felt quite victorious at the end.   Mom reserved a box of Tagalongs for me so I would not miss out that year, and the Easter basket was a real treat after my fast.  I had not thought of anything to give up, but recently came across this list as an alternative way to be aware during the season.   I know I won't follow it to a T but it was inspirational and got the wheels spinning.  I also like this non-stuff 'clean out' idea.

-7-
This week one of my coworkers asked me when my birthday is.  So I told her:  May 8.  Her response?  "Let me guess?   You'll be 26 this spring"   So I already liked this girl a lot, NOW I LOVE HER!    I have nothing to hide, so I told her 31.    "Wow really?  You look young!"   I personally don't think I look young but I will take it!

Don't forget, Jen has more Quick Takes!

No comments: