Friday, February 12, 2010

What rhymes with Olympics?

I can't think of anything. I think it's like "orange" and there is nothing that comes close. Anyway, while most of the country is getting eleventy billion* inches of snow to help them get in the winter games spirit, Florida is getting enough rain to strangle a frog** Good news is, this gave me opportune time to read --cover to cover-- the Sports Illustrated Olympics issue! (And also, evidently, post an anticipatory entry before Pannie! Who knew?!) The Olympic preview arrived last week, but I'm slow. In fact, the SI Swimsuit edition came yesterday, and I haven't opened it to see the gorgeous thin women and their swimsuits and body paint. Gee I wonder why. Probably because in recent days I have been eating frosting out of the container with a spoon. Seriously, I do that. I will 'read' the swimsuit edition, I always do. If only to motivate myself to throw the damn frosting in the trash.

What I have learned from the Olympic issue of the magazine is as follows:
  • Skier Lindsey Vonn is kick-ass [and I hope her leg is ok]
  • [Speedskater, in case you live under a rock] Apolo Anton Ohno is kick-ass***
  • Speedskater Shani Davis seems to have some issues
  • I am much too afraid to attempt any of Shaun White's snowboarding tricks
  • Winter athletes have the coolest hats, ever! I shall have to get some when we move to NY
  • There is a skier from GHANA! Kwame Nkrumah-Acheampong is a former safari guide, which I think is awesome.
  • Bob Costas is hosting the Olympic opening ceremonies (AGAIN) and he is a fool who will probably say three more foolish things than Matt Lauer this evening***

*TM Pannie
**TM my dad
***To be fair, I knew these things before reading SI today

No comments: