Friday, February 21, 2014

7 Quick Takes: Double Dose!

So turns out when you move your entire house without professional help it takes awhile.  Hence my absence from the blogosphere.  If for no other reason except to keep track of my year, I present a double dose of quick takes

7 Quick Takes: Week ending February 14 
{this should have been posted last Friday morning}

-1-
We made another dent in our Oscar movie watching quest!   Dallas Buyers Club and Captain Phillips were both very enjoyable.   I must say, I was a bit apprehensive about Captain Phillips.   I don't really know what I thought it would be like, but it was awesome!  Highly recommended.   I figured Tom Hanks would be amazing and he was.   Totally got hosed on the lack of an Oscar nod.

-2-
We had a lovely meal and concert experience on Saturday.   The Cleveland Orchestra did not disappoint, and Michael and I could not decide which part of our meal was the best... his cauliflower and blue cheese soup, my chopped salad, his hanger steak, my chorizo mac n cheese or our amazing cinnamon bread pudding.   #thisiswhyIrun

-3-
Tuesday afternoon we headed to Florida to begin our PACK THE HOUSE project.   Nene was kind enough to take us to the airport on Tuesday.    In typical Nene fashion the garage opener wouldn't work, and our iPhone player got stuck in the car outlet, so we could not take it with us for our drive back.   We were all cracking up at the "Nene-ish" situation

-4-
So it turns out that packing is a lot of work.    We started Wednesday morning by unpacking the boxes of boxes, and got help from The Moms.



 We worked for hours!   Even though we don't have a lot of stuff, we managed to keep busy


Mom looked like she was hugging a ghost.  It was just a lamp



-5-
There were injuries!

Mary Lynn pinched her fingers a few times and I injured myself pulling apart a bed frame.   The worst part?  We decided to LEAVE IT BEHIND!  

Why yes those are Muppet band-aids and yes they helped me heal quicker



-6-
Thursday we loaded the pod.    But first I did a little jig to kick things off



It took longer than expected.... about 4 hours to load a 3-4 room POD.   Now, keep in mind we have a 3 bedroom house, so I would say that's pretty good, stuff-wise.    We celebrated by taking a WONDER picture.   


As in, I WONDER why we did not hire professionals.   And that is a very good question to wonder.


-7-
What would a move be without Jules in a tall box?











7 Quick Takes: Week ending February 21

-1-
A few days in Florida after a frigid Ohio winter really gets you appreciating the sunshine and warm weather.   I could not resist capturing this moment on the patio after running outside for TWO consecutive days (!) including a 10 mile slog with Al.   We both earned our birthday cake that day.



-2-
I spoke at my alma mater this past week; I felt so old.   My mission was to speak to the seniors [only 100 days til graduation!] and get them pumped about their transition to LRA alumni.    Despite the free pizza and KLONDIKE BARS they seemed less than thrilled.  I like to think it was high school angst and not me or the others who spoke to them!

-3-
Michael and I drove from Orlando to Cleveland Monday and Tuesday.   It about a day and a half.  It was epic - we listened to good music, had lively conversation, and played the license plate game.   What can I say?  We travel in style.   Highlights?  Stopping in Atlanta for lunch with Gabrielle on Monday.   We forgot to take a picture!   But also, we drove past a familiar sight of my childhood.   The Florence Y'All water tower in northern Kentucky




-4-
Sadly our moving escapades severely limited our Olympic watchings thus far.  But I am happy to say we arrived at our destination on Monday evening just in time to see ice dancing.  I must say, Davis and White get me every time.   I love that they have been together so long and seem to almost move as one person and know exactly what the other person will be doing.  It's awesome

-5-
While we were away, Oliver spent his first session in Ohio kitty boarding.    He was not a happy camper when we dropped him off, but boy was he pumped to be home on Tuesday





-6-
I discovered MyFitnessPal this week.    [Thanks Al!] Whoa.   I thought I was OCD with Fitbit....  The fact that Fitbit syncs with MFP is making me ridiculously excited.

-7-
My mom turned SIXTY last Friday.   Yes she is a Valentine.    Her request?  To spend the day at the Magic Kingdom.  We were more than happy to oblige.



Relatedly, I almost died last Friday.   Say what?    Well you see...... My mother wanted to ride the damn Tea Cups.  It was her birthday so I couldn't say no.  It's not my favorite ride.





Mom insisted that she did not want any gifts.  But I love giving gifts {much more than receiving them, in fact} so I would have had none of that.  We gave her a pretty awesome gift, which I will be writing about in the next few days.










No comments: