Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fashionista!

I am not much of an accessorizer. Is that a word? My mother and grandmother are quite good at this. The right earrings or bracelet or necklace or scarf or whatever else can make a dress or a pair of pants and shirt look like 5 different outfits. I wear the same 3 pairs of earrings every day. It works. But yesterday I wore a plain gray shift to work and decided it was too boring. So I threw on a pair of coral earrings (bestowed upon me by my mother) and my coraly/pinkish wedge platforms. I decided I needed one more component, and reached for the variying shades of pink/coral beaded necklace, also from Mom. It just didn't look right. Truth be told, I am not a huge necklace fan. I have neck issues- it's not long or slender. Anyway.... in a moment of desperation? Creativity? Who knows what, I took the necklace, wrapped it around my wrist twice, and fashioned a bracelet. I was so proud. Then I was reading In Style magazine at lunch yesterday, and they showed a necklace as a bracelet! It looked just like mine. Who knew?!

Also- bad news on engagement ring. They didn't size the new band, so I have to send it back AGAIN for re-sizing. Damn.

No comments: