Monday, May 18, 2009

Auditory annoyance

Me: "Why did you tell me to go to Pizza Hut?"
Michael: "I didn't"
Me: "On my way out the door I said 'I'm going to Pizza Hut?' and you said Yup."
Michael: "Oh, I thought you said "I'm picking the pizza up"

The background story:
Last week we ordered pizza for dinner. Michael orders online from both Pizza Hut and Papa John's so I did not hear a phone call to a pizza place. He asked me to pick up the pizza because he was studying. Since I did not know where he ordered from, on my way out the door I asked "I'm going to Pizza Hut?" and he said "Yup" and off I went (without my cell phone).

I arrived at Pizza Hut and there was no record of an order. I pulled a mild Rachelle Bilz, saying I order from them all the time, how could they lose an order, Michael received e-mail confirmation, etc. They said they could put in the order right then and I could wait 15 minutes. I didn't even know the pizza Michael ordered, so they suggested I call him. When I told her I forgot my phone, she offered hers. (So nice!) So I explained the situation to Michael. "Jules, the pizza is at Papa John's" So I said oh that explains why it's not at pizza hut, proceded to Papa John's and got the pizza.

Upon returning home, I said "Why did you tell me to go to Pizza Hut?"
Michael: "I didn't"
Me: "On my way out the door I said 'I'm going to Pizza Hut?' and you said Yup."
Michael: "Oh, I thought you said "I'm picking the pizza up"

No comments: