Sunday, October 24, 2010

Trick or Treat, Smell My... Apples?

We had a glorious fall evening with the Crookers yesterday.  It was supposed to involve a last hurrah on the boat, zipping around the lake to view the beautiful autumn leaves, and then winterizing the (still unnamed) vessel.  Then we were to enjoy hors d'oeuvres chez Crooker, and go to a nearby local restaurant before indulging in apple pie and Mexican Train back at the house.  Except the boat battery was dead, so that sort of threw a wrench in the works.

Luckily the rest of the evening went off without a hitch.  Since we're a mere week from Halloween, the subject of dinner conversation got to Halloween parties, trick or treaters, costumes, candy, etc.  It turns out, neither Michael nor Marilyn are fans of Halloween.   Kass and I like it because of the candy....  not gonna lie.  After dinner last night, we seem to have gotten to the root of the problem as to why Marilyn does not enjoy All Hallows Eve....

Kass: I took the kids around the neighborhood while Marilyn stayed home for trick or treaters.
Marilyn: I used to pass out apples, but then they'd turn around and throw them at the door after I closed it.
Michael: How old were they?
Marilyn: I don't remember.  I probably had just picked them.
Michael: No, I mean the kids who threw the apples at you
Kass: The kids were fresh, but the apples were probably 5 years old!

No comments: