Tuesday, December 30, 2008

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

I am back in the aptly-named sunshine state after a 9-day stint in Ohio. While I enjoyed seeing family and friends, the weather left something to be desired, especially since we did not have a white Christmas. It was cold enough to snow, just no moisture in the air. Alas. Michael and I landed on Sunday afternoon, along with half of the Midwest. You should have seen the Florida airport! And the highways here are more crowded than usual, with approximately 1 out of every 3 cars hailing from a Great Lakes state. This is because they are smart enough to leave the tundra and escape to Florida. Their 'intelligence' unfortunately translates to crowded and very slow highways. I maxed out at 50 mph this morning, and that was at 10:15, after rush hour. The good news is that the 'real' places, such as post office, bank, bookstore, etc. are quiet. No lines! I love it. We're going to EPCOT tomorrow to celebrate New Year's Eve- stay tuned!

1 comment:

Eula McLeod said...

Ohmigosh, I love this title!