Thursday, December 11, 2008

Auditory absurdity

First, some background. I go to the grocery store a lot. In December the Salvation Army has a collection bucket and a bell ringer outside all the grocery stores. So, this month I have been dropping change and the occasional dollar into the Salvation army bucket for two reasons 1) because my mother taught me at a very young age that you should and 2) I am a nice person.

Earlier this week I literally did not have any change or small dollars and thus did not plan on depositing funds into the bucket on this particular trip.

Salvation Army Bell Ringer: Hello
Me: Good morning. How are you?
SABR: Would you like to make a contribution?
Me: Oh, I'm sorry, I don't have any change today. But I have making contributions since Thanksgiving and I'm sure I'll be back again soon.
SABR: You don't have any change? Any amount you'd like to donate will help.
Me: You know, I don't have a bit of change today. I do make several trips to the store each week and have put in money in each time, but I can't donate today.
SABR: Every penny helps. And God will bless you!
Me: I'm sure He will, but I'm unable to donate at this time.

I now turn and walk into the store

No comments: