Tuesday, November 4, 2008

VOTE!

Dear Readers,

On this election day, I am first reminding you all to vote. I don't care what political party you support (well, I do, but that's not the point), just get out there and cast your ballot. I voted in person for the first time today- it was pretty cool. In 2004 I was at AU and cast an absentee ballot, which was not nearly as exciting as exiting the polling station and sticking my ballot into what looked like a huge laser printer. Key difference is this machine eats your ballot, it doesn't spew paper out. I waited in line for an hour this morning and I got an awesome "My vote counts" sticker that not only coordinates with my red t-shirt, it also will get me a free cup of Starbucks coffee, a free krispy kreme donut, and free Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. Which got me to thinking... Americans are such pigs; why doesn't it get you a free turkey sandwich or a free apple? I digress.

This is also a good time to share with you a photo I took last weekend and a political rally for a certain VP candidate. Maybe you've heard of her? She's pretty cool.



In the spirit of my first, and likely last, politically focused blog, I now leave you with a quote from my favorite president (for those of you who don't know, it's Ronald Reagan):

The most terrifying words in the English langauge are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Happy Election Day!
Love,
Alex Keaton

No comments: