Thursday, July 21, 2011

Highs and Lows

No, I'm not taking about the temperature.  In Florida, it's all highs in July anyway!

I work in sales.  This is a mixed blessing in that the months you are good, you are GOOD.  Super good.  Amazingly wonderfully good and you impress your entire team, and most importantly, your boss.   June was one of those months.   I sold more than $100,000 worth of programs, and was second on my team of 10.  Not bad for someone who has been selling for less than 6 months.  It was really fun and actually pretty awesome to need to work that many hours.

But the months that are slow?  They are torturous.   I am in one of those months right now.  My usually packed 10-hour days that whiz by are dragging on slower than a hog in quicksand.   

The good news?  This is normal for my programs in July.  
The bad news?   I still have to deal with it.

One of my colleagues is so optimistic, I love her.  I have been a bit panicky and annoyed about the situation, and she offered this sentiment: This month is really giving us a chance to get creative.

This week has offered us that opportunity for sure.   Hopefully by the end of next week the work will have paid off and I will have made a bunch of sales to close the month.  Fingers crossed!

No comments: