Friday, January 9, 2009

Y'all talk funny

I don't sound like a Floridian. I already knew this, but it was confirmed twice this week already. Background: Michael and I are in the process of remodeling the house we just bought, hence interactions with carpet and remodel people.

Wednesday
Todd at Empire Carpeting: Where are you guys* from
Me: Ohio
Todd: What part of Ohio?
Me: Cleveland area.
Todd: Ok. I grew up in Buffalo, New York
Me: So you recognized my accent?
Todd: Yeah, it was familiar, I just knew you weren't from Florida
*He said guys! I knew immediately he had Great Lakes roots


Thursday at Home Depot after asking a few questions about vanities
Home Depot employee: Where are y'all from? Minnesota?
Me: No, Ohio
Mary Lynn: We talk a little differently than they do.
HDE: Oh, ok. I could tell y'all weren't from here

No comments: