Monday, January 11, 2010

Just call me Ebert

I'm not a huge movie theater person... When $20 can't get two people tickets and a snack, something is wrong with the world. That said, we do love our Netflix subscription. And w all know, some movies you just have to see in the theater. Such as Avatar. Over the holiday weekend, Michael's dad decided we should see Avatar in IMAX 3D, so on Saturday January 2 off we went to the 11 AM showing. Along with the rest of Orlando! The first three shows were sold out. We bought tickets for Sunday and saw Up in the Air that afternoon instead. The two movies are extremely different (blue aliens on a mythical planet vs. George Clooney) but both quite enjoyable. I am very glad we saw Avatar 3D IMAX in the theater; it was awesome and highly recommended. It was, in fact, the only theater movie we planned on seeing. But due to below-freezing temperatures in Florida we spent a lot of time in movie theaters in the past week. In fact, in the last seven days I have seen the following five films:
  • Up in the Air
  • Avatar
  • Nine
  • Leap Year
  • The Princess and the Frog

There are a few more coming out soon that I would like to see sooner rather than later (mostly because of the upcoming Golden Globes and Oscars) At this rate, I will view approximately 180 movies in the theater in 2010. And you can just call me Roger Ebert.

No comments: